Darkness of silence
Voice of Darkness
Hope is the anchor
If there were no night, we would not appreciate the day, nor could we see the stars and the vastness of the heavens. We must partake of the bitter with the sweet. There is a divine purpose in the adversities we encounter every day. They prepare, they purge, they purify, and thus they bless.
Some of our important choices have a time line. If we delay a decision, the opportunity is gone forever. Sometimes our doubts keep us from making a choice that involves change. Thus an opportunity may be missed.
On the ocean of life, we pass and speak one another
Read our articles
Have you ever needed a picture, but it’s only on video? If you’ve ever wanted to take images from a video, you may have taken a screenshot. Although this is useful, the quality of the extracted frame drops quite a bit, and there are many other ways you can achieve this without losing too much resolution in the image. In this article, we will give you several tricks and programs to know how to capture a photo from a video and easily. Whether you are on a PC, an Android mobile or an iPhone, you will find a solution for yourself!
Salt is used mainly for its flavor, not for its healthy effects on the body. One of the most widespread claims about salt is fattening, but is it a myth or a reality? In the following article, we will tell you what is true about salt making you fat, why this claim is so widespread and some tips that will help you eat without salt by replacing it with other dressings. Take note!
Does salt make you fat? myth or reality
It is widely believed that salt makes you fat, but … does salt make you fat or retain fluids? In salt, we are dealing with a false myth since salt does not make you fat but rather causes fluid retention in the body. This makes it seem that we have more volume or that we have put on weight visually.
In addition to causing fluid retention, it also increases blood pressure, which is why it is a condiment that we should reduce to the maximum from the diet. Some experts have recommended the consumption of salt to provide sodium to the body. Still, many foods include in their composition a level of sodium beneficial for the body, so it is not necessary to increase the consumption of salt in meals.
Why does salt make you fat?
Salt fattens or produces this effect because when we consume a lot of salt in a meal, the body’s proportion increases. To counteract this effect, the body retains water to dilute the accumulated sodium.
Due to fluid retention, blood flow is impaired. This can contribute to the appearance of cellulite, varicose veins or bags and dark circles in the eyes. That is why it is often said that salt fattens the face due to the bags and swelling that occur in the area.
Are other types of salt fattening?
Now, there are many types of salt and some are healthier than others. Let’s see now how the different types of salt differ and which one is more advisable to take if we do not want to gain weight or suffer from other health problems.
Table salt, common salt or fine salt is one of the most used in daily cooking. It contains 95% sodium chloride and is, perhaps, the least recommended, since other types of salts are healthier due to their composition or their hypotonic properties (they do not cause fluid retention).
Unrefined sea salt
This type of salt is obtained from the evaporation of seawater. Its composition is based on iodine, sodium, fluorine and chlorine, among other additives. Its difference with table salt is that marine contains minerals such as potassium, magnesium, iron, and zinc.
It is a common salt artificially enriched with iodine. Iodine is a very beneficial mineral for the body that does not add flavor to salt and contributes to the regulation of energy metabolism, the production of thyroid hormones and the protection of the nervous system.
If you are going to take salt, it is recommended to take iodized salt or sea salt instead of common or table salt.
It is a type of salt that is obtained by hand from marine salt flats. It is a hypotonic salt. That is, it does not cause fluid retention, so it is a type of salt that can be consumed without noticing this tendency to gain weight or swell that we notice with another type of salt.
This salt, originally from Pakistan, has become popular in recent years due to its nutritional value. It contains around 80 trace elements and minerals, so it is beneficial for the functioning of the body.
How to eat without salt
Eating without salt is not pleasant if you do not replace it with something that adds flavor to your dishes. Sometimes, there is no choice but to remove the salt for medical reasons. In others, you will find that stopping eating salt will lose weight because you will stop feeling so bloated. If you think you can’t get used to eating without salt, look at these options to substitute salt in meals.
- Lemon: if you add a few drops of lemon, especially to meat or fish, you will not notice the absence of salt. In addition, the lemon will provide an extra dose of vitamin C to your dishes.
- Mint: In broths, creams or soups, you can add some mint leaves to the cooking that will add a fresh touch to the recipe.
- Curry: adding curry powder to your dishes is another option to avoid salt. Curry is a spice that provides an exotic touch and is very beneficial for digestion, as it reduces colic.
- Garlic and parsley: If you haven’t already, this is the best time to garnish your dishes with garlic and parsley. It is a mixture that combines perfectly with any food and type of cooking, although we recommend it to season meat and fish. Parsley also has diuretic properties and garlic is good for eliminating bacteria that are harmful to the intestine.
- Nutmeg: Another spice that can be used as a substitute for salt is nutmeg, a beneficial condiment for controlling blood cholesterol levels. We recommend grating it at the time of use and adding it at the end of cooking so that it does not lose properties and its smell and taste are not reduced.
- Provencal herbs: aromatic herbs are another of the most versatile options in the kitchen, as they are used to season meats, sautéed vegetables, fish or stews. Cooking with Provencal herbs such as oregano, rosemary, thyme, basil or rosemary will also benefit your body thanks to its antiseptic, carminative and antioxidant properties.
- Bittersweet vinaigrette: if you cannot eat a salad that does not contain salt, we suggest this simple bittersweet vinaigrette: mix in a container lemon juice, orange, a tablespoon of wine vinegar, a teaspoon of honey and two tablespoons of olive oil. Mix well and you will get a very tasty dressing to dress your salads.
Reduce or eliminate the consumption of precooked dishes and preserves. Eliminate the consumption of salty snacks and reduce the use of sauces such as soy or ketchup.
Thanks to its incredible nutritional value, oatmeal is a common ingredient in many recipes and diets. For those who are lactose intolerant or prefer not to eat animal products, oat milk is a delicious alternative. However, it’s alleged high level of saturated fat does many wonders if oat milk can play against a perfect figure.
Reaching a weight goal has become a challenge for many people, especially with the imminent arrival of summer. Taking care of ourselves, staying in good physical shape and eating properly are three fundamental aspects to which we must pay special attention. We know that many are concerned about this issue, so we bring you three incredibly cheap healthy dinners for weight loss.
Cheap healthy dinners for weight loss
Dinner is important because dinner is the last meal of the day and we will spend a few hours without giving the body food. To give you an idea, dinner should represent approximately 30% of everything we consume in a day, hence the importance that you are also light and facilitate the process of digestion at night.
Eating dinner the first thing you find in the fridge is not the best thing you can do and with these easy dinner recipes, we will help you plan your dinners in the best possible way so that you enjoy them and take care of your health.
For our body to rest properly and regain all the necessary strength to start a new day, we have to pay close attention to what we eat for dinner. Keep in mind that heavy digestion will make us have a terrible night, even have nightmares, so from now on, take note of the best light and rich dinners that you can prepare and pamper your body as it deserves.
Turkey, mushrooms and vegetables
This turkey, mushroom and vegetable dish is a great option to make a tasty dinner to obtain a great nutritional contribution. In addition, it helps us to have a balanced diet, as it has a majority of ingredients of plant origin.
- 2 turkey fillets
- 6 mushrooms
- 2 shallots
- 1 carrot
- ½ leek
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- Ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- First, we will prepare the dressing for our papillote. In a large bowl, add a drizzle of olive oil, ground black pepper, and turmeric teaspoon. We stir well and reserve.
- Next, we cut the mushrooms into slices and the leek and carrot into small sticks. Cut the shallots in half and add all the vegetables to the bowl with the dressing and a couple of pinches of salt. We stir until all the vegetables have been mixed well with the dressing.
- In a piece of aluminum foil (or inside a special utensil to prepare papillote) we place the vegetables first, making a bed. On top, we place the two seasoned turkey fillets.
- In a frying pan, we toast the sesame seeds for a couple of minutes and transfer them directly to the foil packet on top of the turkey fillets. We close the package and put it in the oven at 200 degrees for 30 minutes.
Vegetable wok with steamed salmon
This is another great option for healthy dinners Slimline, perfect for those who want to give prominence to the fish, great benefit from their properties. In this case, we accompany it with a vegetable wok that can become your preferred way of consuming vegetables.
- 20 green beans
- ½ broccoli
- 1 cup of peas
- ½ onion
- 1 slice of salmon
- 1 tablespoon of black sesame seeds
- 1 1 cm ginger dice
- Flake salt
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Olive oil
- Ground black pepper
- In a very hot pan with a little olive oil, we will place the onion cut in julienne and the green beans cut in half or quarters, depending on the size. Season with salt and pepper.
- When the onion is transparent, add the broccoli, ginger, sesame seeds and peas to the pan.
- After another 5 minutes, we will add a couple of tablespoons of water (or vegetable broth) and a tablespoon of soy sauce. We stir for a couple of minutes so that everything forms a sauce.
- While this is cooking, we will bring water to a boil in a pot. Once it starts to boil, we place the steam accessory (which can be replaced by a metal strainer) and place the salmon inside to cook. In 4 minutes, we will have our salmon ready.
- To finish, we first place the vegetable wok making a bed and reserving a little sauce for the salmon. We place the salmon on top and finish with a flaked salt pin, a few more black sesame seeds and the sauce that we reserve from the wok.
Cod and mango salad
Finally, our last recommendation among these light and quick dinners is this cod and mango salad that can perfectly serve as a complete dinner, at the same time that it also works as a first course or as a side to a meal.
- ½ avocado
- ½ ripe mango
- 4 tablespoons of flaked cod
- ½ red onion
- Flake salt
- Olive oil
- ½ cup of orange juice
- Ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon old mustard
- First, we will create the dressing for the salad: In a small bowl, we will add the extra virgin olive oil, the teaspoon of old mustard, black pepper to taste and the orange juice. We mix everything well and reserve it in the fridge.
- Next, in a bowl, we place the arugula leaves. On top, add the diced avocado and mango, julienned red onion and flake salt.
- Finish off with the flaked cod placed on top and with the dressing that we had prepared. In addition, to this recipe, you can also add some seeds or roasted nuts to add a crunchy and equally healthy texture.
Likewise, we remind you that these recipes can be combined with any of the products in the Siken line as a substitute for 1 or two meals a day. Remember that Siken substitutes can help you achieve your weight goals easily and safely.
The Siken brand offers countless products that can help you lose or maintain weight *. You can discover sweet, salty, rich in fiber or protein, low in calories or carbohydrates, as well as for vegans and vegetarians, among other options.
To lose weight: replacing two of the main meals of the day with a replacement in a low-calorie diet helps you lose weight.
To maintain: replacing one of the day’s main meals with a meal replacement on a low-calorie diet helps maintain weight after weight loss.